Cute african violet in a white clay 'tulip' pot. Either a periwinckle lavender or pink.
HOW TO CARE FOR AFRICAN VIOLETS
- Keep the soil lightly moist and use room-temperature water.
- Leaves are susceptible to rot if kept in high humidity, so water African violets from the bottom to avoid getting excess water on the leaves.
- Dust dirt off the leaves with a small, soft brush.
- Fertilize every 2 weeks with a high phosphorous plant food, but only during the active growing season (spring and summer). Only start to fertilize when the plant appears to need an extra boost. Over-fertilizing is a more common problem than under-fertilizing.
- Many varieties prefer warm conditions (65°F / 18°C or warmer) though some can tolerate cooler conditions. Keep away from drafty windows in winter.
- Thin, dark green leaves and leggy stems tell you that the plant is getting too little light; light green or bleached leaves indicate too much light.
- Plants should be shifted to larger pots as they grow, but keeping African violets slightly root-bound can encourage them to bloom. The optimal time for repotting is after some leaves have wilted a bit.
Potted African Violet
Preferred method of Delivery
Preferred delivery or pick-up time window:
- Delivery is available Monday - Saturday. We ask that you be flexible, as our deliveries are made between 11am-6pm. We will contact you/your recipient in advance to coordinate delivery, and safely leave the flower delivery at the door.
- Pick up is available Monday-Friday between 10-3:30pm. Please make a note if you wish to pick up at a certain time, otherwise one of our team members will call you to coordinate pick up. We have a curbside pick up table outside our front door where you can safely collect your flowers from.
- Our shop is closed Sunday (no orders available on these days).
- Please place your order online or call in advance to ensure timely delivery.
- Fort Langley - FREE
- Greater Fort Langley - $8.00
- Walnut Grove - $15.00
- Port Kells - $15.00
- Willoughby - $15.00
- Murrayville - $20.00
- Brookswood - $25.00
- Langley - $25.00
- Langley City - $20.00
- Clayton Heights - $25.00
- White Rock - $30.00
- Surrey - $30.00
- South Langley - $30.00
- Cloverdale - $30.00
- Delta - $30.00
- Tsawwassen / Ladner - $45.00
- Tilbury - $35.00
- Aldergrove - $35.00
- Port Coquitlam - $35.00
- Abbotsford - $45.00
- Maple Ridge - $45.00
- Pitt Meadows - $40.00
- Glen Valley - $45.00
- Chilliwack - $50.00
- Vancouver - $55.00